Monday, October 19, 2009

Created, Checked and Managed


Therefore, I was told
You are potent
My womb was recognized
Uncontained menstrual blood
Signaled fertility
The process of condemnation was redefined


And I was advised
You be compliant
My power to be unruly was interpreted –
A curse of the cunt
The irony of sensuous tits that nurture
The symbolic threat was validated

So it was suggested
Not to incite unpredictability of my body
The instability of my emotions must be encapsulated
Subversion of natural order
A warehouse of dangerous desires
Therefore I am marked

And so I know
To keep unharmed
I have to be contained, separated
Life in my existence is forbidden to surface
Dark and foreboding I stand
My role drawn, solidified

Sphere: Related Content
Created, Checked and ManagedSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend
blog comments powered by Disqus